Media and Public Affairs Manager
A professional membership body, whose members play a key role in corporate governance and making businesses run effectively, is looking for a Media and Public Affairs Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Policy and External Affairs, the role of Media and Stakeholder Manager will be to drive the organisations influence and profile in the media and with stakeholders.
As Media and Public Affairs Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the organisations overall media and stakeholder engagement strategy. You will establish a communications plan, implementing communications activities around policy initiatives and outputs.
This will include;
- Developing a media relations strategy and relationships with key media and journalists
- Developing a strategy to enhance stakeholder relations including briefings, round tables and events for key audiences
- You will also draft speeches, deliver presentations, and opinion pieces for the Chief Executive and other senior colleagues, such as the President and the Deputy Presidents
- Taking the responsibility for monitoring the outputs of key stakeholders and influencers and developments in corporate governance arena of relevance to the Institute
- It will also involve working closely with policy and professional practice colleagues to stay informed of planned research, policy and thought leadership outputs
This will therefore require a high level of internal liaison with colleagues and members, particularly with members marketing functions; including the web and content manager, to ensure that all content produced is consistent and co-ordinated with all other Institute communications.
The post holder will be expected to coordinate and track the policy and communications programme and keep it up to date using planning tools, to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
To apply for this please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07931647004 to find out more information.