Sales and events managerExciting development, Henley
My client is a leading name in their field and as a result of a new business opening, they are seeking a sales & events professional to support the pre and post opening sales operations for their site.
As part of the venue management team your role will be to elevate the profile of the business in the local area, using a mix of event management and sales / marketing tactics at your disposal. Activities will include:
- Setting up and delivering multiple events and seminars on site to raise profile and drive foot flow into the business.
- Tap into local business and / networking groups, attending and partaking in local events such as fund raisers, local parish events, chamber of commerce to raise business profile.
- Manage and develop all external revenue generating relationships with the professional and corporate community, with special attention to culturing referrals.
- Management of all incoming enquiries, including show rounds, sales pitching, negotiating and closing new customers.
- Sitting on management meetings
- Developing sales and marketing skills of front of house staff where needed
You’ll have a range of events to deliver, but excitingly you will be able to develop and deliver your own ideas of profile-raising activities as you tap into deeper business and community contacts.
The role is key to building up the profile of the business, and blend with revenue generating opportunities, as such we are looking for someone with a blend of sales, marketing and events skills, such as:
- A track record in managing pro-active and reactive sales processes
- Knowledge of events planning and implementation
- Evidence of successful business networking activities
- Exceptional face to face interpersonal skills
- CRM database management experience
- Local marketing knowledge – email, leaflet and community sponsorship exposure could be of use